Funny i was thinking about this over the weekend, i think you have to come
to your own equilibrium on this.  It depends on whether you have other
bikes to be your mules, my SH is my camping bike so i think the only
overkill is the big nitto front rack, i'd keep the dynohub, back rack,
fenders, etc.  But it's not the bike i reach for when i just want to ramble
around for a few hours in town, for that i'd grab the quickbeam.  Oh the
'pain' of having too many bikes to choose from, a good problem to have!