Yeah, it's pretty easy to go overboard on that stuff.  Not that there's
anything wrong with it--if you like it, ride it!  It does look cool in a
tweed and spats sorta way.

But for me, when I put metal fenders witha leather mud flap and leather bar
wrap with twine on my Saluki, it seemed a bit too "precious," and
uncomfortably began to look a little like a fetish object to me so I went
back to plastic fenders and Fizik bar tape (which I like better than the
leather anyway)

And I hate having a bar bag cover the head badge and masked head tube!
Them's my favorite parts of the bike, aesthetically speaking...still, I use
one when I need the capacity.

Steve