Big-sized Roadeos have same tubing thickness as Ram.
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael_S
Sent: Apr 11, 2012 12:26 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBW] Re: Where does the Rivendell Rambouillet fit in with other Rivs?

From what I recall ( having owned a Ram) that the Ram and Hilsen were both made from the same  wall thickness tubing  ( 8-5-8).  The Roadeo has thinner tubing from what I read. The Hilsen had better tire clearances. My Ram would only barely  fit a Jack Brown in front w/o fender. The back would fit a 37mm Pasela.  Some of the last Ram's had mid fork braze on's too.
It was a great riding bike, the lack of clearance in front led to me selling it.

~mike

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:33:04 AM UTC-7, HappyCamper wrote:
I thought the Rodeo was a direct decendant of the Ram but it seems like maybe the Ram was halfway between a Rodeo and a A Homer Hilsen? Is it just a Hilsen without good rack mounts? Does Rivendell keep an archive of older stuff somewhere on their site?