compared to 9 speed; or even for that matter a 7 speed triple.  I moved
away from 7 speed freewheels because they offered a 12 cog & now an 11,
which offers the option for a smaller big ring.  A 7 speed triple with
 13-28 offers closely spaced gears and a decent low gear.  A 9 speed 11-28,
can offer the same range and spacing as a "racing" triple.

10 & 11 speed systems add cost and reduce durability with not much to offer
in return.

michael