On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:26:38 PM UTC-7, William wrote:

> Pardon me?  I guess people that prefer metal can buy carbon....if they
> stop preferring metal.
>
> Most of the people that prefer metal are those that prefer metal *instead
> of* carbon.  There's no third option (bamboo, plastic, marzipan).  Some
> think carbon cranks are ugly and metal ones look nice.  Some think carbon
> cranks are too expensive.  Some people believe carbon cranks can't last 30
> years and metal ones can.  Some think carbon cranks will break.  Some
> people PREFER METAL.  Now there's a Campy option for those that prefer
> metal, that isn't quite so heavy.  That's nice for them.  That's all.

I think people need to take a step back, Campy has always had metal cranks.
It may have been black and in their lower part of the line up, e.g.,
Centaur, Veloce, Mirage, but its there.

Further, its great that they now have metal cranks in Silver!  There was a
couple of years, where all of the cranks, carbon or metal, were black. By
2009 or so that changed.

Finally, for those who are concerned about "Q-factor," Campy has
traditionally had low q-factors. Even with the move to the latest
"integrated" cranksets, Campy's "q" is among the lowest on the market. Good
Luck!