I think that part of the issue is racy weight conscious 25mm tire riders
probably aren't looking at rivendell or surly since they have aspirations
to be "fast" in the club.  I banish them to madone land,  hahaha.
Sometimes you can't have it all,  why not just 2 bikes that each serve a
purpose they were built for. There is enough room in even my tiny brooklyn
apt for two dedicated rigs,  but neither one is for racing,  I leave that
to the lance wanna bes out there in their team kit crouched over tiny
plastic bikes.