Patrick,
I use a Camelback MULE on long rides and on day hikes.   Just like
everything else in life, it is going to have pluses and minuses.

The bladder and hose can mold, either store it full or put something inside
to hold it open so air flows inside.  A cleaning brush helps for the tube,
it looks like a flexible bore brush for a rifle.  Its going to take some
getting used to, its alot of weight on your back and it will definitely add
to whatever sweating that you do.  I like them, but like I said, only on
longer rides.  Having 100 ounces of water is nice, I find that I end up
drinking more.   Also, because I don't enjoy cleaning it out, no sports
drinks or anything other than water ever goes in mine.

Scott