I Have a bagman support and I find that after some minor rework it is
quite solid.
I adjusted the bends of the rod to suit my country bag better.
I also made an indent in the rod that the set screw seats in (I think
I used a drill).
Before doing that I did have problems with the rod working its way out
of the clamp, but since then it has held great.