The hupe is a danger to your paint just trying to install it. It's a bugger
to get right, so if you're as paranoid about nicks/scratches as I am, you
might want to avoid it. I too have heard reports that it will dig in if
heavily loaded. If I ever use mine again, it will be on a pre-beausaged
bicycle.

Joe Bernrd
Vallejo, CA.