Right. This illustrates my point. The reviewer of the article seems to
visualize cycling as this great multi-faceted thing, but the subset of it
called "road-riding" is not allowed to have a 31-pound bike. That's where I
disagree. Doug's fully satisfying ride (described below) should be called a
"road ride."

The reviewer doesn't say, "for me, road-riding performance means lighter
weight..." He says, "the notion of a 31-pound 'performance' road bike is
ridiculous." Given his position as reviewer, that assertion is presumptuous,
trying to tell me, the reader, what road bike performance really means. He even
says that it is worthy of ridicule to attempt to define road-riding differently
with an over-30-pound bike. I'm guessing that this presumption and the
commonality of it is at least part of what lead to "Just Ride."

-Jim W.