I was just barely able to get 80mm minis to clear a 35mm tire and fender on
my QB. I eventually switched to 85's. Both seem to work fine with
normal-pull brake levers.
Aesthetically, the styling of the v-brake arms themselves is a little too
fussy, but I like the clean, tucked-in look better than the arms of
wide-profile cantis sticking out in the breeze. I do like the symmetry of
cantis, and thought the noodle would bother me, but it looks no different
to my eye than the off-center cable on a sidepull brake.