Oy, this conversation is frustrating to read.  I like Jan's blog but to say
that those are "experiments" or "scientific" is not really all that
accurate, take for example this page with speed testing for car tires
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/upgradetire/econ/TireUpgradeII.html a
study like that probably cost millions to conduct but it is just for
industry gurus and race car drivers. it is the same for wind resistance and
modeling for cars to test for speed, millions of dollars each year. The
thing is Most car drivers like most bike riders just want something round
that doesnt wear out too fast, I bet if you asked 10 riders out there what
size they were running only half would have any idea and they are happy
riding them!  I appreciate Jan's observations and his tests for what they
are, an expert opinion on a product. If I get I set of tires and I dont
like them I am out the cost of shipping to sell them to someone else or at
most the cost of the tires, not a big loss in the grand scheme of bike-dom
and maybe you get a set you love and use for thousands of miles you never
would have used if not for a review on BQ.