Several weeks back, with the hearty encouragement of this forums members, I
purchased my first Rivendell - a used 58cm Atlantis. It was a deal that was
too good to pass up, and I have been nothing but incredibly happy that I
made the leap. Since the purchase, I have been tweaking the bike fit and
swapping out some parts. I was able to recoup some much needed $$$$ with
the sale of my Surly LHT and host of parts from my bin. This allowed me to
make some nice upgrades to the Atlantis. Since the purchase I have swapped
out stems to a 100 Nitto Technimic, added a Paul Neo-retro/Touring brake
combo, splurged on the Tektro TRP brake levers, rerouted my brake and
derailleur cables, and finally last night added yellow Newbaums cloth tape
and twine to the Noodles. All that is left to do is get some amber shellac
on the bars, and I am ready to ride! Through the process I have learned
alot...mostly about the "joys" of tweaking with canti brakes and the
importance of taping your brake cables where you want them prior
to wrapping and twining (still might have to fix this one). Here are some
pics:

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Bp1cCFGAnwU/UC0DamiyQDI/AAAAAAAAACs/sOQqlu3FpAM/s1600/IMG_1022%5B1%5D.JPG>