Nice.  Like the overall look.  Have to admit a love for those old
Stumpjumpers and Sport models.  Although haven't owned one since 1989.  Was
tempted to buy it, but am in the middle of reducing/rationalizing my bike
situation.

That seatpost reminds me that I have a special hatred for the old SR
posts.  Probably broke at least a dozen of them in 4 years.  The bolt broke
twice (once during a long race) and the rest were either slips of the upper
clamp, or a total break of the clamp.  Must have ridden heavier back in
those days.  It doesn't seem to be an issue now, even with inexpensive
seatposts.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN
On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 1:29 AM, William <tapebu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's the halfway done build.  I stripped it down for an overhaul.  The
> BB and headset were in great shape so they went right back in.  I had to
> straighten the rear der hanger and the chainrings were also a bit bent up.
>  New chain and brakepads along with my B17 and my drop bar cockpit are all
> on there as well.  The wheels trued up nicely, and the rear needed a bunch
> of tension.  I put on a new pair of Soma New Express 26x1.75 tires and
> converted to presta tubes.  All it needs is shifters and all the cables and
> it's ready to ride.  Then I'll put on fenders and racks after the
> shakedown.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/45758191@N04/7813065936/in/photostream
>

> On Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:33:00 AM UTC-7, Montclair BobbyB wrote:
>>
>> That'll be a nice ride... You could also eBay the slingshot stem/bar
>> combo and the Deore brake levers and shifters to virtually eliminate any
>> cash outlay... Heck, I'll give you $100 for all three!!!!
>>
>> BB
>>
>> On Friday, August 17, 2012 1:31:52 PM UTC-4, William wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm taking the budget route now.
>>>
>>> 1.  Mostly stock
>>> 2.  Overhaul
>>> 3.  1.75 New Express tires and presta tubes
>>> 4.  a Noodle/tech dlx/tektro bar cockpit I already have
>>> 5.  a black B17 I already have
>>> 6.  super secret Silver barcons built from the Riv-Silver Thumbies
>>> 7.  Silver SKS P55s I already have