From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com [rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] on
behalf of lungimsam [john11.2...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:23 AM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBW] Un-racer bike fitting. Your thoughts on my situation.

I was told that my Specialized BG Fit I got at my LBS for my race bike 3 years
ago would be transferrable to all bikes. I was told the fit is for maximum
power, efficiency, and safety.  Why not have safety, efficiency, and max power
when I ride the Bleriot, too? So I thought I would set up the Bleriot the same,
except with the Bleriot drop bars so-high-that-they-could-kiss-the-sky on my
Technomic stem.

I figured the reach, saddle fore/aft, and saddle height I would keep the same
as the pro fit.

But it doesn't work with the Bleriot.
With the saddle height the same, and the reach the same, the saddle fore/aft is
like 2cm further behind the BB center (which is one of the measurements on my
BG Fit).

So I have 3 choices:
1. Set SH and Fore/aft according to BG fit and get a 2cm longer stem extension
to equalize the reach. But I am 5'7"-ish and an 11cm extension would be wierd
for me, as I am used to 9 and 8 cm extensions on stems. I think of anything
over 10cm extensions for 6-footers.
2. Chuck the BG fit and revert to KOPS, since everyone before pro-fits started
seemed to be fine with that.
3. Throw out my pre-conceived notions of bike fit and ride, boldy ride with
whatever is comfy.

What d'yall think?

BTW - I am guessing I am already throwing out aspects of the BG fit by raising
the bars so high on the bike. But, for my un-racer bike fit, step one is
raising the bars to max height. And that is non-negotiable for me as I love how
great it is with the bars high.