All things being equal, higher bars usually make a little more set
back of the saddle good anyway.  You're basically rotating your body
around the bottom bracket.  That is, lower bars, move saddle forward,
higher, move it back.  (we're talking mm's of saddle adjustment
here--not inches, within an acceptable range for efficient and
comfortable pedaling)  I've been dealing with a herniated disc in my
neck most of the summer and raised (re-Riv'd) my bars a few cm's.
Moving the saddle back 3-4mm felt good with the higher bars.

Steve Frederick, East Lansing, MI