Eric, where did you experience the rubbing, or flapping, if you will? On my
bike, it's not the flap itself which seems to rub the tire, but where the
end of the fender meets the flap. As the road gets rough, this area seems
to strike the sides of my tires, which causes an annoying "zzzztt, zzzttt".
After a year or more of this, it hasn't proven to be dangerous, just
annoying.

Since I ride in the rain 8 months a year (Portland, Oregon), I need a
fender with ample coverage to protect not just my feet, but my drivetrain.
Thanks for your reply.