I seem to have good clearance. I will try for more. I agree with you:
although they aren't perfect, they are good. I don't like the idea of metal
fenders for many reasons, but chief among them is the issue of rattle. I'd
rather deal with some rubbing noise than constant rattle of metal. The
longboards are easy to install, they are strong (if not especially rigid),
relatively light, and in my opinion, good looking. If they could just be
perfect!