I've tried the VO Course and Rando bar, Noodles, some Cinelli's, and some
random vintage bars in traditional and rando varieties. The VO Course bar
was comfy, but I ordered a 46cm and it was too wide. The VO rando had too
much flare for me.
I should say I prefer bars around 42cm with not too substantial flare, but
a little is nice.
I'm currently running some Belleri Rando's that are just about perfect.
Also have a newer take-off bar that reminds me of a bar that came on a 70s
Raleigh Supercourse, with tight corners from tops to ramps, a "boxy" feel
if you will.
I stumbled upon some Grand Bois Maes Parallels at 41cm, they look wonderful
just wondering if they'll be too narrow as they have a medium amount of
flare IMO.
I'm running quill stems with options of 26.0mm or 25.4mm clamps, so
31.8mm's are probably out.
Sidenote - these'll be going on a mid 80s Trek 650b conversion, so the GB
Maes are nice for a classic look, but not necessary for the overall
aesthetic.