Philip:

Shellac works well to lock in beausage levels, but doesn't completely prevent
future fading.  Definitely slows it down, though, and it's a beautiful look in
the meantime.

From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Philip Williamson
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 7:00 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBW] Re: New Newbaum's bar tape & shellacking question

I'm interested in the specifics of shellacking, too. I just bought some shellac
for my wooden pedal decks, and I want to try it on some bar tape.
I like Newbaum's colors, but have been disappointed by how fast and decisively
they fade, compared to the Viva tape I used to have. The fading is actually why
I want to shellac the tape at all. I'd like to lock-in this level of beausage
before the tape turns white.

Philip
www.biketinker.com<http://www.biketinker.com>