Jim,

That is one thing I noticed after moving to California from Wisconsin --
most Californians are total creampuffs when it comes to weather. A little
rain keeps most of them indoors. I spent a weekend camping in Big Sur two
weeks ago and the place was almost deserted, which was great! (I highly
recommend campsite #1 at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, perched right on
the cliffs over the ocean; the officially-closed-but-not-really Tanbark
trail across the road is also a nice hke.)

David G in SF

PS: Sorry for not joining you and Manny on rides but I've had my kids with
me.