Cool, thanks for the added detail.
As to my point, Im not sure I have one, though Im not sure what yours
was either. The original poster seemed to opine that the 4 lb
difference between a 31lb bike and a 35 lb bike didn't matter much.
You suggested he try a bike that weighs about half as much, or about
16lbs less, or about 4 times as big a weight difference than he was
talking about.
By all means ride what you like.