I was surprised the OP did not think that pounds of extra weight might not
be responsible for the go fast feel of his go fast bike...even though by
some standards both are relatively heavy. But 4 pounds is 4 pounds. I was
suggesting weight is a significant factor in the gestalt of how a bike
rides and feels to the rider. My custom steel with carbon fork weighs about
21 pounds. My Roubaix weighs about 16.5. I like them both a lot, but for
pure paved road riding, given a choice, I most often seem to choose the
Roubaix.