On my GF's Betty Foy Build, we used a black plastic (nylon?) spacer from
Ace Hardware with a button head cap screw, washer, and nut to stabilize the
front of the fender to the Mark's Rack.  you can see it
here<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayburkhalter/8428856623/>.
 I'm trying Longboards on my Bleriot
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayburkhalter/8429127139/>right now with
fatter tires than the Schwalbes.  I finally spent a few minutes dialing in
the fit, and I'm having no rubbing (front or rear) and I haven't bothered
with securing the leading edge of the front fender yet either. I put it
through the ringer yesterday on some rainy dirt roads and trails, and
everything is still in place.  we'll see over the long term...

-jay b.