Hi Drew!

That is a sweet looking Atlantis! I'm going to second Tony's recommendation
to try a set of fat knobby-type tires before parting with that bike. I've
extensively used my Atlantis with Schwalbe Marathon XRs (700x40) on the
trails and primitive roads on the Navajo Rez in the four corners area of
Arizona and the riding is very similar to the trails in the Front Range
area. The Atlantis is a great off-road bike with the right tires. Oh, and
with the 700x40 XRs, there still miles of space, so easy enough to go much
fatter.

Good Luck!

lyle

On 5 April 2013 12:01, Tonester <tony.mad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there!
>
> I'm a fellow "custom color" Atlantis owner (red!) and totally get your
> dilemma - fortunately I'm able to maintain a stable of bikes so the
> temptation to sell the Atlantis doesn't come up.  I fed my jones for a
> 29'er disc brake bike with a Civilian Luddite and love it, but not to the
> extent of choosing it over the Riv.  Have you tried super-fat semi-knobs on
> the Atlantis?  Looks like the Ogre will handle up to a 2.5" tire , and I've
> seen Atlantii with 50mm slicks which is nearly 2".  I'd whip a set of
> knobbies on the Atlantis and give it a go before giving it up.  I think
> that yellow all-rounder that hit the list recently is one of the coolest
> bikes I've ever seen.
>
> Best of luck in any event!
>
> Tony
>
> On Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:52:06 PM UTC-7, drewjensen wrote:
>>
>> Hey everyone - I moved to the Boulder area a couple of years ago and
>> there are so many great trails here compared to where I lived in the Bay
>> Area for so long.  I've taken my Atlantis out on them, but my wife has
>> tired of my suggesting new ways to retrofit it to make better use of the
>> trails and so talked me into a Surly Ogre works a little better on the
>> trails around here.  It's not an Atlantis, but I think it's the right tool
>> for this job.
>>
>> Alas, though, I need to do the fiscally responsible move and sell off my
>> Atlantis.  I got it in 2006 when they were still Toyo made and had it
>> painted a dark blue that I liked.  I had to save money for it for a couple
>> of years and took great pains to get the best parts I could afford/justify
>> for it.  Really, the only corner I can think that I cut was that I didn't
>> get Phil Wood hubs but I stand behind all of my other choices in putting it
>> together.
>>
>> Anyway, it's a sad day, but a necessary one.  If you know anyone looking
>> for a 64 please pass along the information.  If anyone has any questions
>> feel free to ask.  Thanks for your time.
>>
>> Drew
>>
>> Here's a link to my local CL listing:  http://boulder.craigslist.**
>> org/bik/3723729971.html<http://boulder.craigslist.org/bik/3723729971.html>
>>

>> (note to moderator:  I attempted to use the tag, but got an error
>> indicating that the tag was not for use in this forum)
>>
>  --

lyle f bogart dpt

156 bradford rd
wiscasset, me 04578