I usually take Grant's nutritional advice with a great of salt (you like
what I did there?) but I remember reading somewhere maybe it was from his
book about water-downed orange juice as a great electrolyte replacement.
Not really sugarless, but it is a really cheap electrolyte supplement.
I've had similar problems and asking plenty of veteran Randonneurs about
this same thing and they would recommend some wacky but effective for salt
replacement.
When cramping down a packet of mustard.
or
Lick your wrist after a long ride like a horse and a salt lick.

Pretty wacky but works.