I guess I never considered 'unracer' to be equivalent to 'anti-racer'. I've
never been a racer, but I'm a long-time fan of events like the Classics,
BORAF, etc. I find the 'Unracer' label useful as a means of educating those
people I know who can't divorce the notion of 'bicycling' from 'sport'.
'Racing' and 'Bicycling' have become so synonymous in America that I know
people who quit riding bikes because they 'can't compete' or won't start
riding bikes because they think it's too strenuous and competitive. The
racing bias (again, I have NOTHING against racing or those who do it) has a
chilling effect on the widespread adoption of bicycling as a mode of
transportation in America, and regardless of how you feel about labels it's
worthwhile to have way of talking about bicycles outside of the dominant
paradigm. 'Just Ride' works, too; but to me it doesn't say 'there's more to
bicycling than racing' as concisely as 'unracer' does.