I'm impressed, Eric, that you dropped 80+ pounds (dang), and I appreciate
your using "at present" instead of "presently." I work with a very kind
English major who misuses "presently" every time he can.

I'm at 241, and I was 250 for the last couple years. No issues at all with
my 9 year old Brooks B17 saddle rails. I think leaning forward will put
less stress on the rails, compared to sitting dead upright on the saddle,
because your body will act as another spring. Pedaling harder will
similarly unweight the seat, so if your Rivendell works like mine, you'll
be fine. My wife did break her B72 rails (one, then another one). I
replaced them with a donor chassis:
http://www.biketinker.com/2011/projects/brooks-saddle-repaired/ that has
held up for a couple of years. I think it was more the iffy seat post clamp
than any weight issue, but she's not a flyweight either.

I think a B17 would work fine for a long time, but adjusting your existing
saddle a bit fore and aft and tweaking the tilt a bit could bring
everything together again as well. Basically what everyone else said...

Philip
www.biketinker.com