Doug,

Being that your a one Riv guy I understand your desire to change bars, I
plan on running Abastashe bars on my new to me Atlantis, for now the AHH
will continue to have noodles...I think what Ayjaydee ( really wish some
lister's used their names [[small rant!!]]) said about their hands at the
bends of the albatross bars makes sense, probably lots of hand positions.

What you describe about rental bikes even though a more economical and on
some level  less hassle still worries me that I'd be pining for my bike
left home especially on those climbs! In the future I may go the S&S
couplers if I decide to travel abroad which I figure will be awhile. Look
forward to hearing all the stories from your adventures.

~Hugh