Not at all. Of course there are far worse things to be sad about, but if
that were our only guiding principle for emotion we'd be unemotional about
much that we, in fact, invest emotion in -- double top tubes, pro as well
as con, for that matter -- and this list would not exist.

I admired Rivendell from the beginning for bucking style trends -- steel
when the only good material for a frame was aluminum or titanium; friction
when indexing was the only game; long rear-centers and shorter
front-centers compared to crit geometries; frames that take wider tires and
fenders and racks; and above all Grant's signature "feel" and handling
qualities. He said himself, long ago (I signed up as a member in1994) that
Rivendell was "product driven, not market driven". Now I don't think
Rivendel today is market driven -- I think it drives its own little market,
in fact -- but I have seen a trend toward style, albeit idiosyncratic, over
function -- tweed mudflaps, dual top tubes on smaller frames, and so forth.

So, you say: go elsewhere. But I have emotion invested in Rivendell -- I've
owned 5 over the years, not to mention huge quantities of other gear -- and
therefore I feel sad when I see what appears to me to be unreasonable
designs.

So, I believe I do have a right to my own feelings and opinions about
Rivendell -- long may it reign!