Sometimes there is bleed over from the jobber's location and sizing, like
they make garments on their increments and convert them to US sizing once
done. Shoes do that notoriously, all last variances aside.

I was in Jackson, WY summer before last and in an effort to have the
clothing for the spectrum of conditions expected I tossed in an old
Synchilla Snap-T in the most horrific tennis ball yellow ("acid" in that
year's catalogue) my wife wore often and I had a full zip Marmot rough
fleece jacket with me. Folks called us out for those two garments every
day, each is over 25 years old. Once had a guy in a grocery check out line
tell me he bought the same Snap-T for his grand mom in the nursing home
because he was sure no one would steal it. Color palette attractiveness
changes as much as sizing, although much less objective as sizing.

Andy Cheatham
Pitttsburgh