I don't think it's been mentioned, but towards the end of the lifespan
of the AR, it morphed a bit from the original/XO style.  I recall
ordering my AR back in late summer of 2000, and at that time,
discussing my deliberations with Grant about going with the AR or
waiting a short while for an Atlantis.  At that time, the design for a
AR in my size (60cm) was for a 700c wheel size.  It was also to be
built by Curt Goodrich.  Grant said there wouldn't be all that much
difference in the two, but having the custom Goodrich build, fit,
lugs, etc, would make the bike more unique and special.  Once again,
I'm glad I listened to Grant's advice, and my AR is the best bike I've
ever ridden.  When I periodically go though my mental downsizing
exercise, the AR is always at the top of my list for keepers.

Mike G.