Doug,

Great suggestion about the HPDE, I am not sure that tires this size will be
a long term solution for my Atlantis but if it ends up being a regular
occurance I'll look into this stuff. I think I've seen something similar on
some of the fat-bike blogs actually.  Do you have any pictures of your
setup?

Michael,

Wood fenders would probably work, I'm guessing they are a bit thicker than
plastic/metal but not wrapping around the edges would keep the sizing
pretty easy.  I'm going to hold off on fenders for now and just ride it
around while we keep this colder weather w/ threat of snow.  We've got a
couple inches out there now so I may give it a go before it gets dark...

Tony