To qualify for PBP you need to complete a Super Randonneur series (200k,
300k, 400k, and 600k). I'm not sure about PBP but I know when I did the
Cascade 1200k, I qualified with an SR series from the year before. As for
what most people do... Here in Oregon there's always a bigger turn out for
the 200k and 300k than for the longer brevets. There are 100k permanents
which people do on their own schedule. Check out the RUSA
website--www.rusa.org. Also, not sure where you live Michael, but check and
see if there's a local randonneuring club. Nneurd out.

--mike