On Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:37:52 PM UTC-8, Eric Norris wrote:

> I'll be riding the Santa Cruz 1000K later this year. That will get me in
> the first signup group for PBP next year!
>
> Regarding brevets-I agree that they're fun at 200 or 300. 400K starts
> getting hard, and 600K starts to be unpleasant. Still, it's an adventure,
> and if it was easy everybody would do it.

That's great about the SC 1000k. It's funny, I find the 400k unpleasant and
the 600k completely awesome. I look at 600ks as really long weekend cycling
trips. Oh sure, there's rough moments but overall I love them. Here in OR
they usually have an overnight control so if you're moving along at a good
clip you can sleep for a few hours. A couple of times I've managed like 4
to 5 hrs sleep. Once I got barely an hour and a half and that was rough. I
think I finished with like 45 minutes to spare. That was my all-time
roughest ride ever. Triple digit temps both days and lots of climbing on
the first day.

This thread is starting to get me amped on randonneuring...