Branching off comments in another thread - and no doubt generating much
unpopularity, but I'm a liberal who chats regularly with conservatives on
politics sites, so I'm ok with it - this topic has been an edgy one for me
for quite some time. There's much buying/selling that goes on here for Riv
and Riv-ish things - I do it, too - which is fine: If you have a bag or
stem lying around you're not using, might as well sell it, right? Right,
but when it comes to actively searching around for "a deal" on things
Rivendell sells, I get a little queasy about this being done on a Riv Forum
as opposed to Ebay or Craigslist.

What concerns me is that we've developed a secondary market amongst each
other for things we can buy new from RBW, and if that market continues to
flourish at the expense of the folks who originally provided the products,
we're eventually going to find ourselves wondering what happened to those
nice folks in Walnut Creek. Of course I'm not saying we have to stop
selling things we don't need anymore, but I think we should be careful how
hard we push the 'search' part of this activity on a Riv-specific forum. A
while back I needed a DirtDrop stem, a headlight, and some reflectors.
Rivendell sells them. They came expertly packed in a nice little box.

Joe "soapbox" Bernard
Vallejo, CA.