Yes.  I'm surprised Eunice didn't mention this.  Most stokers are more
sensitive to a bikes suspension than they are on singles.  The pilot needs
to warn  when any bumps are coming up and most stokers like a sprung post
or saddle.  That said, don't give up.  Tandems are great fun and most
stokers prefer their position because it gives them a lot of freedom to
look around & take pictures, as Eunice posts illustrates.

Michael