I'm gonna sound like a crank but unless you're going on a tour just bring
the kit; But then again I'm part of the "carry more, right?" school of
bikepacking.

Like for an overnight, I pack a proper ceramic mug, my ceramic beehouse,
pre-weigh out 16g of beans and bring the grinder.

There's something fundamentally relaxing and grounding about the *act* of
making coffee that even if I don't get perfect pour-over results on the
road, it still tastes great.

cc

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM, David Stein <davecst...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I did the popcorn popper and Deans Beans (and also Sweet Maria's) for a
> while. The coffee was awesome and super fresh, but took too much time to
> roast and the batches were only enough for a pot or two. I briefly had a
> system where i used two poppers and did 3 batches each in a row for a full
> weeks supply of coffee, but the popcorn popper got so hot after the first
> batch that it burned the second, and I didn't have the patience to let it
> cool down ;). A lot of people roast their own this way and all the power
> too them, I wasn't dedicated enough.
>
> Don't understand the blue bottle craze. Their coffee beans are ok, the
> main problem is they are so populer that everytime I go to buy some beans
> at the Ferry building in SF (or at any number of local farmers markets) the
> line is crazy long.
>
> I lived in Nashville for a while and loved all the local coffee beans
> there: bongo java and portland brew especially.  Now I live in Oakland and
> get my beans from Highwire. They're the best I've had in the bay area,
> though I admittedly haven't tried much besides them, Philz and Blue bottle.
>
> For camping I'm all about the Startbucks via instant coffee.
>

> On Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:48:07 AM UTC-8, Deacon Patrick wrote:
>
>> What's your favorite coffee? Regular and/or decaf.
>>
>> Since I can only drink decaf, my favorite (so far) is Dazbog French Roast
>> Organic Decaf, with their Babushka a very close second.
>>
>> With abandon,
>> Patrick
>>
>> *www.MindYourHeadCoop.org <http://www.MindYourHeadCoop.org>*
>> *www.OurHolyConception.org <http://www.OurHolyConception.org>*
>>
>>  --

"I want the kind of six pack you can't drink." -- Micah