Christopher Chen said:

"There's something fundamentally relaxing and grounding about the *act* of
making coffee "

That reminds me of something my friend Doug said.  This was about 25 years
ago, before Doug became the VP of Coffee at Peet's.  We lived near each
other in North Berkeley, and we both walked to Vine St Peet's every single
morning.  I bumped into him one rainy morning on the way to Peet's and
asked him why did we always go to Peet's?  We both were perfectly capable
of making our own coffee.  On a cold rainy morning, what was wrong with us
that we both still wanted to go to Peet's?

Doug said:  "Sometimes, it's just about *The Going"*

You can drink Peet's at home, but you can only go to Peet's by going to
Peet's.  You can only make coffee on the trail by making coffee on the
trail.  The act and ritual of making coffee on a ride is not (entirely)
about wanting or needing coffee.  Sometimes, it's just about *The Making.  *