Many thanks to Richard Heiberger for his many comments and suggestions as well
as Erich Neuwirth for their advice.I appreciate your time and effort in
replying to my queries.

But I feel really confused as to why I would want to use REXCEL if I can just
copy and paste my simple lines into the  R console and get what I want?

ie this is the output from R console which I want  ...

> eg1 <-  read.csv('eg1.csv',header=TRUE)
> aov1 <- aov(yield~ factor(Treatment)+factor(Block),data=eg1)
> anova(aov1)
Analysis of Variance Table
Response: yield
                  Df  Sum Sq Mean Sq F value    Pr(>F)
factor(Treatment)  3 10.7358  3.5786 112.026 1.173e-05 ***
factor(Block)      2  1.7150  0.8575  26.843  0.001016 **
Residuals          6  0.1917  0.0319
---
Signif. codes:  0 '***' 0.001 '**' 0.01 '*' 0.05 '.' 0.1 ' ' 1

Sorry for bieng so obstinate but I do not want to be an Excel VBA expert. I
just would like to have a facility for my colleagues to run my few lines via
RExcel with just the above output in 1 pass (not 2 or more?)? Is it really that
hard to have a switch in RExcel to give me the above output?

Also Richard, I see that the Venables and Smith Introduction to R suggests an
equal sign  = (which i find easier to explain to non-statisticians who are used
to Excel) should work and gives the same output as using the assign characters
( <- ). Looks easier to read too and type. Have I got it wrong?

The longer  output from Get R output is which is too long especially if i had
hundreds of records in my data file
> eg1 <-  read.csv('eg1.csv',header=TRUE)
   plot Block Treatment yield
1     1     1         D   4.6
2     2     1         A   7.3
3     3     1         C   5.5
4     4     1         B   6.3
5     5     2         A   6.6
6     6     2         C   5.4
7     7     2         D   4.1
8     8     2         B   5.9
9     9     3         B   5.6
10   10     3         D   3.5
11   11     3         C   4.9
12   12     3         A   6.0
> aov1 <- aov(yield~ factor(Treatment)+factor(Block),data=eg1)
Call:
   aov(formula = yield ~ factor(Treatment) + factor(Block), data = eg1)

Terms:
                factor(Treatment) factor(Block) Residuals
Sum of Squares          10.735833      1.715000  0.191667
Deg. of Freedom                 3             2         6

Residual standard error: 0.1787301
Estimated effects may be unbalanced
> anova(aov1)
Analysis of Variance Table

Response: yield
                  Df  Sum Sq Mean Sq F value    Pr(>F)
factor(Treatment)  3 10.7358  3.5786 112.026 1.173e-05 ***
factor(Block)      2  1.7150  0.8575  26.843  0.001016 **
Residuals          6  0.1917  0.0319
---
Signif. codes:  0 '***' 0.001 '**' 0.01 '*' 0.05 '.' 0.1 ' ' 1

Sorry for being so confused but is there any hope for me with RExcel to get
what I want? It should be so easy I thought?

M.

Mario D'Antuono
Biometrics Unit
Department of Agriculture and Food
Government of Western Australia
Address: 3 Baron-Hay Court, South Perth  WA  6151
Postal: Locked Bag 4, Bentley Delivery Centre  WA  6983
Telephone: (08) 9368 3848 International +61+8+9368 3848
Fax (08) 9368 2958
Mobile: 0400 576 764
http://www.agric.wa.gov.au/biometrics