Erich & Christian,

maybe there is a problem with optional arguments to methods. I will check this with your example. In principle, passing objects as arguments should be fine, as long as the objects are IDispatch.

Thomas

Erich Neuwirth schrieb:
I ran your code in R 2.8.0 and it worked  (did not crash
but it ptobably also did not do what you wanted.
Please explain what you want.

Did you install the version of rcom compiled for R-2.8.0?
Did you run
comRegisterRegistry() after installing the new version?

Christian Asseburg wrote:
Dear Wayne, thanks, I might have to do that.

I noticed that R 2.8.0 also crashes with a command like

Chartobject$SetSourceData(Source=range, PlotBy=plotby.value)

so I suspect that the crash has something to do with passing rcom
objects as arguments to rcom functions.

With best wishes -

. . Christian