Hej Erich -

What I did was: Uninstall R2.7.2, install R2.8.0, load package "rcom" from CRAN, then the code below. That way, it crashed R on the last statement. Now, I followed your suggestion and ran comRegisterRegistry(), and the code below does not crash any more. But it seems it is ignoring the "Before=" argument in the brackets.

The example with empty worksheets and workbooks was just a minimalist example. I want to copy one worksheet from workbook W1 to workbook W2.

If I write just S1$Copy(), it copies the worksheet to a new workbook (so that new workbook contains only that one worksheet). By specifying the "Before=" argument (or "After=") it is possible to copy (add) a worksheet into an existing workbook.

Thanks for looking into this. With best wishes -

. . Christian