-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Erich
Neuwirth
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 4:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; R (D)COM and RExcel server related issues
Subject: Re: [Rcom-l] Background server doesn't work

You are right.
With R 2.8.0 you need the new (D)COM server,
available from CRAN in (or your favorite CRAN site).
http://cran.at.r-project.org/contrib/extra/dcom/
Please have a look at the license, it has changes and is not GPL or LGPL
any more.

Felipe Carrillo wrote:
> I am trying to run it from an excel macro. R runs fine and executes
the script on foreground but if I switch to background then R isn't
available. I get the message error saying "There seems to be no R
process connected to Excel". I didn't have any problems to run R on
foreground with the old version of "RSrv250_pl1.exe" but this old
version doesn't seem to work with R 2.8.

issues" <rcom-l@mailman.csd.univie.ac.at>
>> Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 12:53 PM
>> Felipe,
>>
>> Felipe Carrillo schrieb:
>>> Hi:
>>> I just downloaded the new version
>> R_Scilab_DCOM3.0-1B5.exe and followed the instructions:
>>>  "After installation of Scilab, and R/Scilab
>> (D)COM Server, please copy sciproxy.dll from the
>> "Scilab" folder of the R/Scilab (D)COM Server
>> installation directory to the "bin" folder of the
>> Scilab installation directory".
>>> But R keeps poping up on the forground. I do have the
>> rcom package. the rcom packages gets loaded when R starts.
>> Any hints?
>>
>> Please clarify what you mean with "R keeps popping up
>> on the foreground". Which application did you start
>> that uses R (foreground)?
>>
>> Thomas

Erich Neuwirth, University of Vienna
Faculty of Computer Science
Computer Supported Didactics Working Group
Visit our SunSITE at http://sunsite.univie.ac.at
Phone: +43-1-4277-39464 Fax: +43-1-4277-39459