Hi Doug,

I was really* hoping he would win as I do a lot of international
travel, being Canadian it would liven up Immigration & Customs. I even
bought one of the golf shirts : Fred for President. Guess what bumper
sticker is on my car? :-)

 I liked the looks of the Walker Bulldog, it just looks mean.. At
first I thought I was going to be a bit tight for room inside the hull
but after doing a mock-up of the motor mounts, batteries and drive
train last night, it seems that space is not going to be a problem
after all. This thing is big. 970mm long (without the barrel), 544mm
wide to the outside of the tracks, and 466mm tall. That's just under
38 inches long, just over 21 inches wide, and just over 18 inches
tall. With a ground clearance of 60mm (about 2.5") it should be able
to amble along quite well using the Tri-Pact Speed Control I am
building.
 The hull is 1/2" ply (I was worried about weight) with reinforcements
at crucial areas. Next hull will be steel.

 For the motors, I scavenged four reversible 24v brushless servo
motors out of an old IBM 12" tape drive. At 12v, they turn about
600rpm and have a lot of torque. Unfortunately, I cannot find specs on
them, even the manufacturer does have them (I said OLD- circa 1980).
They run up to speed instantly and have electric brakes (May not use
that feature). The downside is they are pretty big, about twice the
size of an EV Warrior. Gearing will bring the rpm down to about 300.
 As I don't know very much about machining drive gears, I am going
with a friction drive (TTS variant) as this simplifies the build. That
and I did manage to scrounge about 60 feet of 3.25 inch wide by 1/8"
nylon webbing which sort of made the choice for me. :-) I do, however
like the Hinged track, it just looks right. Next hull.
 Drive wheels and bogies (5", 4", & 2" respectively) are castors and
were bought at a local discount store for $1 to $3 apiece.

 Paintball marker is a semi-auto Brass Eagle, .68 cal bought at Wally-
World on sale.

 Power source is three 12v 5...@20hr hooked up to give me about
1...@20. I have six of them and could boost that to 30ah but I thought
I would rather have a swappable battery pack.

 Again, I cannot thank all the guys enough who wrote the How To
articles, posted pictures and information on their tank pages for all
the info and ideas. Every time I am scratching my head trying to
figure out a solution to a problem, I almost always find a solution on
those pages.

Now to find the local (if any) Northern Barbarians.

Cheers,
Fred