From: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com [mailto:rctankcom...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Steve Tyng
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:27 AM
To: R/C Tank Combat
Subject: [TANKS] Re: Seeking advice for a first tank

For your first tank I wouldn't even recommend a sprung suspension.
I'd build a solid suspension and worry about all the other details
that your tank must have to be operational.  Since everything
suspension-wise is outside on the Sherman to begin with, it would be
an easy matter to upgrade to a suspension later on.

Steve Tyng

mike wrote:
> Fellow hobbyiststs,
>
> You probably forgot (like me) that I was going to build an M4 Sherman.
> The problem is its lack of information. Can somebody share a way to
> acquire some reasonable blueprints? The model is specifically the M4A3
> 76mm (Wet) Sherman VVSS similar to the HVSS E8 I believe.
>
> Would you recommend Horizontal or Vertical Suspension? HVSS is more
> advanced, but would it be more difficult to build?
>
> Also, I plan to build its geometric frame of the tank's body out of
> either aluminum/steel squared bars or maybe just 1in wood. Whatever it
> may be, the armour is most likely 1/2in ply as in accordance with The
> Prophecy. Can you provide any constructive criticism, advice, or
> ideas?
>
> Thank you for supporting amateurs and I hope to participate more in
> this hobby.
>

> -Mike M�ne @
> http://moonrcprojects.googlepages.com

The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are
confidential, possibly privileged and intended
for the addressee(s) only. Only the addressee(s) may read, disseminate, retain
or otherwise use this message. If
received in error, please immediately inform the sender and then delete this
message without disclosing its contents
to anyone.