I hadn't actually started the climb, the tank was still a good meter
away from the base of the "hill", but I was trying to go slowly,
something which is proving difficult to do. With the tank on blocks I
can confirm that I have the C6C and ESC doing proportional control as
I can detect a speed difference between stick extremes, but on the
ground it seems like it only goes fast, faster, and faster still. I
had kind of assumed that *JUST* starting to move the stick would
result in a "tankish" leisurely pace and it would ramp up from there
as the stick gets moved further, but it seems like when the motors
fire up at all, they are already going fast

could I have something configured wrong? Or can the ESC not handle
(provide) those severe slow speeds?