Chelmsford, UK - July 12th 2009

So there goes another weekend, and two full days worth of tanking gone
by.  Many tanks go to an assortment of people, many of whom achieved the
impossible.

A two day battle was hosted, and many thanks go to the groundsman and
the headteacher of the school whose playing field we borrow.  Paint was
fired, and points were scored.  However, due to missing pieces of
paperwork from several commanders, final scores are difficult to come by
as yet.

Video footage from the event was recorded and is in the process of being
cut to a more manageable size (I.E. smaller than hours of not a lot
going on, and 1.8GB).  A preview is heading photobucket direction now.

I've learned quite a lot from this two day experience.
1) Always, always, have spares of everything.  And that includes high
tensile bolts, Neil.

2) T027 needs its tracks replacing.  Hinges may be a little better at
keeping "on track" and staying together.

3) FA006 needs the rotate mechanism improving, using mini-locknuts to
prevent it simply falling apart.

4) T027 needs its marker investigating as it appears not to recock....

Other than that, it was awesome fun.  Even the weather was reasonably
kind to us.

--
Chris Malton

Assets: FA006, T027