Dear Auntie Ethel                               11 July, pm

I am in hospital! I have had an accident with the Tank Men!

Things started off well enough in the afternoon. The tank men decided
to run a “convoy” game where they put a bomb in a tank and tried to
get it from one end of the field to the other whilst everyone else
shot at them. They let me watch from the castle tower. The bomb was
cunningly disguised as a tennis ball painted black with “Bomb” written
on it. Mr Neil went first and got quite far, then Mr Phil and Mr James
(in his Armada) got a bit less far.

Then they decided to have another battle. This is when I had my
Accident. Now that all the tanks were working, they had the same teams
as before, but Mr Neil ran into the castle and it fell down! I was
hurt and went to hospital where I was looked after by a nice nurse
called Nellie. She has invited me back to her flat for jelly and ice-
cream.

I have crossed Mr Neil off the Nice Person list in my diary.

Your damaged nephew

Unfortunate Eric