From: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com [mailto:rctankcom...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Frank Pittelli
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:01 PM
To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [TANKS] New Tank

Morgan, John wrote:
> I am the body man with a full wood shop and engineering background,
> my friend Curt is the electronics guy, having run several robotics
> teams.  We also have a technical advisor who is a member of the
> Washington Armor Club.
>
> We have chosen the Sherman M4A3 HVSS (76mm) for our tank.

Welcome aboard!!

Given the extensive experience of you and your team members, which
exceeds that of many veteran builders, I must ask the obvious question:
Why build a Sherman?   Clearly, building a German tank would have
demonstrated more of your advanced skills :-)

> I would like to catalog our progress, but I can't find
> anywhere on the web site to register our vehicle.  Could someone
> point me in the right direction?

We used to provide a "Pending" designation for those in the building
process, but it seemed to be bad luck for those builders because nobody
ever finished one of the "pending" tanks. So we discontinued that
practice.  Instead, we encourage newbies to post images periodically to
the mailing group along with a message describing their latest
achievements.  If the images are too large to post to the mailing list,
feel free to upload them to the Google Groups web site and then
reference them in your email.

Once your Sherman has reached the "rolling chassis" stage (able to roll
on it's tracks under it's own power - either remote controlled or simply
with on/off switches) you'll be given an official designation and a tank
album where you can post images, construction details and videos.

Official designations not only provide you with all the esteem and
financial rewards associated with being an R/C Tank Combat member, but
various members have reported a significant increase in their social
status as well.

Finally, if you'd like to be added to the regional mailing list for the
Mid-Atlantic region (which is used primarily to discuss logistics for
local events) please send me a "private email" with the email addresses
for the rest of your team.

        Frank P.