Excellent, thank you for the links as well.
Those are actually cheaper than the Kiddie car things too.
Are we allowed to make prototype tanks where models were made but not loved enough to be auctioned for active duty?
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:35, Derek Engelhaupt wrote:
Most of us are switching over to better geared motors.  They are a bit expensive, but in my opinion worth it.

http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=106115 I have those in my Sturmtiger. http://tncscooters.com/product.php?sku=106118 I have these in my KV-2 and M113

Derek
T065

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Ben Holko <b...@holnet.net> wrote:

Read the order of battle, http://www.rctankcombat.com/tanks / and you will see that kiddie car motors do not cut it.
Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com [mailto:rctankcom...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jago
Sent: Tuesday, 23 February 2010 3:43 PM
To: R/C Tank Combat
Subject: [TANKS] Where to..

Hey all,
I found this online and this looks really, really fun.
But I'm having a hard time finding Motors. The main website says "Kiddie Car" motor. Googling that brought up almost nothing, and a bunch of stuff I was afraid to click...lol.
I'm on the verge of Buying:
http://www.thelashop.com/catalog/Battery-Kids-Ride-On-Cars-Toys-with-Remote-Control-Red-p-632.html
I'd obviously remove the body and Fabricate a Tank body. It'd be slow, but if I make up for it in Armor and Arms, I'm willing to accept that.

ALSO.
Hypothetically. (Hear me out).
I'm a nerd. Motion Tech is all the rage now. Using Bluetooth or other IR signal, would it be possible to rig your turret to follow an arm movement? Have a sensor on your arm (like a Wii mote) and use it to point and click destruction upon others, essentially.
Fair, unfair?
I think in theory its possible, if you have a sensor on your tank's turret that "seeks" or follows the point of the one you're holding.
However, the cost/benefit ratio may be one sided.

"We have a little saying in Massachusetts. "Maybe one day you'll get horribly sick and die".